This year’s Art Basel Miami Beach was a little different for me. Instead of looking for artwork for my own bedroom, I was looking for artwork for my twin girls’ room. As a new mom, I thoroughly enjoyed viewing all of the artwork through a different lense, which was an exciting exercise for me.
From Katherine Bernhardt’s The Beach, My Kind of Sandbox to the beautiful Donald Moffett wood panel wall sculpture, (yes, I totally realize some of these are an exorbitant amount of money, but hey, one can dream right?) Here are 12 pieces of art I wish I could have taken home for my kids’ room.
1. Carlos Amorales, Backdrop for Ghosts V
2. Bernice Lum, Not for Bowling Pins
3. Heather Patterson, Inversion
4. Stephen D’Onofrio, Still Life with Stacked Lemons
5. Joaldim Allgulander
6. Super Future Kid, Bob’s ur Uncle
7. André Masson, L’homme ivre
8. Donald Moffett, Lot 062118 (sun cytology)
9. Katherine Bernhardt, The Beach, My Kind of Sandbox
10. Borna Sammak, Not Yet Titled
12. David Batchelor, Glowstick 10