10 Organizations Hiring in the Art World NOW
August 16, 2017 by
Art Frankly is LinkedIn for the art world, a perfect platform for browsing for a new position this summer. It’s a place for art aficionados to seek and post jobs, find spaces and discover other opportunities while building professional presence.
Born out of necessity, Art Frankly allows community members to find a job, hire an intern, rent an exhibition space, endorse a residency program, suggest a studio swap, recommend an installer… really the list goes on. Basically, all of us art folk need to get on there and check out the limitless possibilities the site has to offer!
Our pals over at Art Frankly sent us the hottest current postings on the site, from interns to directors – take a look to see if there’s something here for you.
Happy networking 🙂
1. Crozier Fine Arts: Services for comprehensive care of art and objects.
- Art Handler in New York, NY
2. Downing Frames: Specializing in hand-made frames and custom finishes.
- Operations Manager in Long Island City, NY
3. LA Modern Auctions (LAMA): Los Angeles Modern Auctions is the leading auction house on the West Coast for modern and contemporary fine art and design.
- Consignor Services in Van Nuys, CA
4. Dia Art Foundation: Dia Art Foundation is committed to advancing, realizing, and preserving the vision of artists. Dia fulfills its mission by commissioning single artist projects, organizing exhibitions, realizing site-specific installations, and collecting in-depth the work of a focused group of artists of the 1960s and 1970s.
5. The Rubin Museum of Art: The Rubin Museum of Art is an arts and cultural hub that inspires visitors to make connections between contemporary life and the art and ideas of the Himalayas and neighboring regions including India.
- Major Gifts in New York, NY
- Exhibition Design Assistant in New York, NY
- Coordinator of external affairs in New York, NY
6. Aspen Art Museum: The Aspen Art Museum is a non-collecting institution presenting the newest, most important evolutions in international contemporary art.
- Executive assistant to the director in Aspen, CO
7. David Kordansky Gallery
- Gallery Manager in Los Angeles, CA
8. Blue Medium: Blue Medium is a public relations and communication strategy group operating within the visual arts, design and architectural communities.
9. The Journal Gallery: Contemporary Art Gallery located in Brooklyn New York.
- Intern in Brooklyn, NY
10. New York Academy of Art: The New York Academy of Art is a graduate school that combines intensive technical training in the fine arts with active critical discourse.
- Director of Development in New York, NY